Friday, October 21, 2005

Parliamentary update

Written question from the House of Lords:

Lord Lester of Herne Hill asked Her Majesty's Government:

How many Freedom of Information Act 2000 appeals have been dealt with by the Access to Information Central Clearing House since the coming into force of the legislation; what is the average time that has been taken in processing those appeals; and how many appeals are at present pending. [HL1633]

The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State, Department for Constitutional Affairs (Baroness Ashton of Upholland): The Access to Information Central Clearing House has received over 2,800 referrals since the implementation of the Freedom of Information Act. In excess of 450 of these have been referred at internal review stage, while just over 60 are cases that have been appealed to the Information Commissioner's Office.

2 comments:

Roy said...

Lord Lester asks an interesting question for people trying to get information. Since April 2005, I have been trying to get defra to place the traceability of eggs (required by EU) into the public domain. On 20 September 2005, I filed a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office. On the telephone they said acknowlerdgement within 4 weeks and resolution with 3/4 months. They have failed to meet the first deadline.

I would like to know the answer to the second part of Lord Lester question, ie what is the average time and how many are pending.

Sam Wells said...

Hi , I was just doing a search on the net for free blog template and I came accross your post. Although this post wasn't what I was interested in, it sure grabbed my attention. Now I see why I found your page when I was looking for free blog template related information. Thank You-----Great Post.