Thursday, September 28, 2006

My Society to develop FOI archive

Today is International Right to Know Day and I have a very interesting announcement. My Society (the people behind the award winnning, and in my view brilliant websites www.theyworkforyou.com and www.writetothem.com) have announced the winner of their call for proposals: "the Freedom of Information Filer and Archive; a searchable, readable, googlable user-created archive of FOI requests and their responses."

Read the announcement

Apart from the National Security Archive in the US there isn't anything comparable out there and this will be a world first I believe.

This is very exciting news and I have already been in contact with MySociety and hope to get involved in some capacity, I hope blog readers will support the project. The project should complement the work we have aready developed in the area of disclosure log harvesting in HE as part of the JISC Information Governance Gateway.

No comments: