Wednesday, September 06, 2006

RSS feed and blog improvements

A few people have pointed out that they have had problems viewing the XML RSS feed from this blog because it is in blogger's atom XML format. I've now created a new feed that should work in nearly all RSS readers. Paste the link below into your RSS reader.

http://feeds.feedburner.com/foiablog

If you're new to RSS try setting up an account to read RSS using bloglines

I've also had some feedback about using categories for posts to enable better navigation. This is something I've been wanting to do for some time but the blogger software didn't offer the facility to create categories. I have looked into moving to new software but I'm not sure if I'm ready for the stress of migrating three years worth of content. A few weeks ago blogger announced that they upgrading a to new version that will allow categories - my account has not been upgraded yet but I will be able offer this soon.

No comments: