The course will explain:
- What information you are entitled to - and from whom
- How to make an effective request
- Key pitfalls and how to avoid them
- What authorities should do to help you
- When requests can be refused on cost grounds
- How the Act's exemptions and the public interest test work
- How to challenge refusals
The course will be presented by Carole Ewart, Co-convener of the Campaign for Freedom of Information in Scotland, David Goldberg, a law lecturer and information rights campaigner, and Chris Bartter, who recently retired after 20 years as Communications Officer for UNISON Scotland, a union which has been a major user of FOI in its campaigns.
Further details here.